Now that your children are growing up, it’s time to update your Family Portraits. Especially as your family expands and more siblings come along, the children start adding an energy to the portraits that can liven up a home. Sharing a moment a moment between family while capturing those changes your family goes through, remembering the good times.
Preparing for your Family Portrait Session
- Plan the wardrobe amongst each other. Matching items of clothing is vital for the final look of the portrait, using matching tones, ie all in White shirts, or earth colours.
- The most popular and also most effective style is white shirts and denim. This lends itself to both the Colour portraits as well as Black & Whites.
- Bring along a change of clothing just in case of any accidents for the kids.
- Make sure garments are ironed, as creases can be distracting in photographs. Contact us for more clothing ideas if you are uncertain what will work for your session.
- If there is a large group of grandparents, uncles/aunts, arriving on time will ensure kids are still in good form during the session.
- Be sure to check our prepare for portraits page for tips on what to wear.
The Photo Session
During the portrait sessions children are encouraged to explore and be themselves allowing their own little personalities to shine through.
If the weather is playing along, there is a large park near the studio, if you are looking for an outdoor family picture.
This can be fun for the kids and add a different spin on your pictures.
Hi, Viv. I just wanted to say a very warm thank you, for giving me and my family something we can cherish for many years to come. Every time I walk into my living room and look up I see the lovely photos you did of my family and it makes me so proud to have something so beautiful. Thank you so much, we will cherish them for many years to come. – Jason, Kamolwan & Leon